Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Rules
- Check ins will commence about an hour before the start of the tournament. All participants are to report for check-in and await further instruction at that point. You may proceed to any nearby setups for hand-warmers or friendlies once you have checked in.
- The tournament will be a double elimination bracket. Pool matches will be run in Best of 3/First to 2 format, with Losers, Winners and Grand Finals run in Best of 5/First to 3 format.
- All controllers without Turbo or Macro functionality are allowed.
- Any controller disconnections are to be resolved immediately. If the disconnection cannot be resolved without stopping the match, the disconnecting player will be awarded a loss.
- All wireless controllers are to be desynced from the Switch consoles after a match. It is recommended that batteries on wireless controllers be removed when not in use.
- Pausing at any point during a match is not allowed and will incur a stock loss to the player who had paused (2 stocks if the pause causes an opponent to lose a stock). Pausing should only be done for the purposes of raising an issue to a tournament official. The tournament official is then to decide on how to resolve the issue and whether to mete out the above mentioned stock loss.
- Audio settings : Music:50, SFX: 100, Voices: 100
- Stock and time are set to : 3 stocks, 8 minutes
- Items to be disabled.
- Stage Hazards set to Off.
- Pause Function set to Off.
- Friendly Fire set to On.
- Damage ratio set to 1.0
- All Mii Fighters are allowed.
- No Name controls are to be reset to defaults.
- Custom Balance to be disabled (Character select screen will be red if this is enabled)
- Any and all stages outside of those in this list are not allowed (Counterpick stages may be chosen from the 2nd game onwards) :
- Final Destination (FD) [Starter]
- Battlefield [Starter]
- Smashville [Starter]
- Lylat Cruise [Starter]
- Pokémon Stadium 2 [Starter]
- Town & City [Counterpick]
- Yoshi’s Story [Counterpick]
- Yoshi’s Island (Brawl) [Counterpick]
- Kalos Pokémon League [Counterpick]
- Stage Picking:
- First stage is decided by RPS(Rock Paper Scissors) best of 1. Winner may choose to either strike a stage first or select a port first. Stages are struck in a P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
- Subsequent stages are decided by winner striking one stage from all stages and then loser picking from the remaining stages.
- You may not pick the last stage you have previously won on during the set unless mutually agreed to.
- Players may choose the Omega or Battlefield form of any stage as a substitute to Final Destination and Battlefield respectively.
- Please speak to a tournament official if unsure on the picking process.
- Winning players are not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
- In the event of a timeout, the winner will be the player who had the higher stock count. If the stock count is the same for both players, the winner will be the player who had the lower percentage.
- Should a timeout occur with both players at the same stock and percentage, or if both players are KO’ed at the same time and are forced into a Sudden Death, a 1 stock 3 minute tiebreaker is to be played to determine the results.